Expand my Community achievements bar.

Presumptive ticket closures by Support

Level 10
Hi Workfront team.....I don't know if the Support process has changed, but recently I am frequently getting presumptive support ticket closures. Support will email us saying they think it's fixed and they close it at that time, without checking with us first. Quite often, we find that the issue has not actually been fixed and so I'd much prefer to be asked first so that the ticket doesn't move out of our open incidents area. David Cornwell
3 Replies

Level 1
David, thanks for asking. We would definitely like to confirm with you that the fix you were waiting for is verified before we close out the support case. If yours was closed prematurely without verification, that is not the experience we're aiming for. I'll follow up directly with you for more details... Nic Bryson Workfront

Level 10
Nic, just out of curiosity, what is the expectation? Most of the time, Support does ask me before closing a ticket, but occasionally they close after some amount of time where they don't hear from me (about a week?). Kevin Quosig

Level 1
Kevin, there are 2 instances where we might close a support case without your reply: 1. We've reached out multiple times and haven't heard back (we do see it if there's an Out of Office reply coming back when we send messages). A support team member will generally try to reach out at least 3 times before making an assumption and marking the support case as closed. 2. There's an issue that affected multiple customers and we've heard multiple confirmations back from other customers that the issue is resolved. We might make the assumption after multiple resolution confirmations that it's fixed for others as well. In both of these examples above, these are not strict rules and our team has the guidance to use their best judgement in every case. In addition, just because a case is marked "closed" is in no way meant to imply that we can't re-open it or discuss it further. Don't hesitate to reach out any time. We're ready to discuss any topic any time! Nic Bryson Workfront