Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Predecessors

Level 2
Hello, I'm not sure why (even though I've spent the last hour trying), the "Predecessors" tab is only in the task view and not the project view. I looked into the layout templates and predecessors can only be added to the task view. When I view the tutorial for cross-predecessors, it looks to be at the project level. I would like to experiment with cross-predecessors, but I can't even get beyond the first step! Jennifer Cournoyer Senior Communication Designer/Manager Brown University, Advancement Providence, RI
3 Replies

Employee
Hi Jennifer, Are you trying to use this in the new experience? Or in classic? From your screenshots it looks like it's the new experience, and if so, I'm going to move this thread to the Beta group where you'll get better answers. Thanks, Kyna

Community Advisor
We do cross-project predecessors quite a bit. It looks like you're in the New Experience. You're correct, predecessors are only at the task level. I haven't actually done one in the New Experience, but it looks like you'll go into the task and go to the predecessors area in the left panel, Then click the Add Predecessor button, but for a cross-project predecessor you'll delete the parent project that's there by default and add the name of the cross-project, then select the task name as you would for a regular predecessor.

Level 2

This would honestly be a great product update. It seems like a no-brainer to have predecessors available in the Program-level view that also allows you to see projects and tasks (with the special view enabled by clicking on the eyeball off on the right after you've exposed the gnatt view).