Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Possible to pull 2020 data on projects with activity in 2020 that may have started prior to 2020, and may extend into 2021?

Level 3

I am trying to pull a project report on all projects that had activity in 2020 (Planned Hours, Actual Hours, Actual Revenue, Remaining Revenue, Planned Revenue, Planned Cost, Actual Cost). These projects could have been started prior to 2020, but should not include 2021.

I had originally thought I could just pull a report of all projects with activity in 2020, include 2021, and then manually back out the 2021 numbers. That would only work if I didn't need costs (our company assigns different cost rates to different employees).

When I tried adding a filter that limited the dates to 2020, it was still returning data that included 2021.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this?

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

I suspect that will be tricky Chris,

If you need a top level Project report of "which Projects", I'd suggest you use the EXISTS approach to find any those with

• Tasks that have Planned Hours > 0 with a Planned Start Date prior to Jan 1, 2021 and a Planned Completion Date after Dec 31, 2019
  • Tasks that have Actual Revenue > 0 with a Planned Start Date prior to Jan 1, 2021 and a Planned Completion Date after Dec 31, 2019
  • Hours that have an Entry Date between Jan 1, 2020 and Dec 31, 2021

Since (as you pointed out) the Project level information such as Planned Hours is not separated by calendar year, you could run separate Task and Hour level reports with those same above criteria, summing the numeric columns, and grouped by Project. For Tasks that are completely within the year, the totals will be accurate; but for those that span either edge of the year, they will be "out" proportional to the portion that resides outside the year; and Tasks that are contoured could be out disproportionately, depending on the contour.

Regards,

Doug