Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Possbile to have sub-programs?

Level 1

Hi - We have a new product launch that will involve a lot of individual projects. Right now I have created a new portfolio for the launch and we will use programs to help group them. Is there no way to go deeper? For example

Portfolio

Program

sub-program

projects?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Although there is no provision for "SUB- PROGRAM", you can always add a tag field to a project form (you do have a form on every project, right?) and then group by that field when viewing your projects. That will at least make it look like they are in the same or separate  "containers".

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Although there is no provision for "SUB- PROGRAM", you can always add a tag field to a project form (you do have a form on every project, right?) and then group by that field when viewing your projects. That will at least make it look like they are in the same or separate  "containers".

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Level 3

When we went live, there was not an option for anything like sub-programs, and to my knowledge nothing like that exists. We had a similar problem and ended up using custom fields on custom forms to further define and group objects. This allows you to use filters, views, and groupings to make custom views, and enable better reporting tied to your custom fields.