Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Plotting planned hours over time

Level 2

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to plot the planned hours of a project over the life of a project. Like the Utilization info will give you, but for the life of the project. (The Utilization chart is limited to a week or a month and I can't export the data to Excel to recreate the chart.) I would love to see just one project but it would be great if I could layer project on top of project to see how they all stack up. But let's start with the first baby step.

Does anyone know how to plot the planned hours vs. the day or week of the project for the entire life of the project? Hours on the y-axis and weeks on the x-axis. It would also be great if I could export the data.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

23 Replies

Level 3

Workfront does spread out planned hours based on duration and # of users/job roles, I am not sure why the thought train here is it lumps it in the beginning? You can also distribute the % of planned hours among the users assigned. Have you explored the Resource Planner tool? That will show by Project, the Planned Hours in each Week, month or Quarter of the duration of a project. You can see multiple projects at once depending on your filters, export, see by User or Job Role. You will need to setup Resource Pools, but there are lots of help articles on how to do this.

Level 4

I always got the statement from Workfront, that the hours are all in the beginning and are only distributed when the resource planner loads. Consequently, we couldn't find a way to have the information used in a report.

The resource planner is probably helpful in some environments, especially when the employees are managed on a day-to-day basis. As we plan in 'days per month' over a timeframe of '>6 month', the resource planner doesn't fit the needs and unfortunately it cannot be adjusted. Consequently, we need to access the information with a report.

Level 4

After a presentation by Doug I got convinced that he has the perfect solution available… basically, it's now just a matter of the business case to justify the extra spent.