Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Passing along proofs for approval

Level 4
Hi All, I'm wondering if there is a way (if you are not the document owner that uploaded the document) to pass the document along to someone else and request their approval. So for example, let's say our graphic designer finishes a billboard design and then we have an AE that needs to send it to the client for review and approval and request their approval. Can that be done? Right now, if they both have worker licenses and the AE needs to ask for approval (and they don't own/didn't upload the document) it can't be done. Anybody have any workarounds for this or is there a way to do this that I'm missing? Looking for some insight into this and also some feedback if you have a system that works well for this sort of example. Thanks! Shannon Shannon Bodick
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 4
Hi Shannon, When our designers generate a proof, they use an automated workflow that progresses from our copywriter for review to our creative review to our project owner for review. At the end of that review process the project owner then needs to share the proof with the partner in the field so they have 2 choices. 1. Download the proof and generate a new "clean" proof that doesn't have any comments or mark up from the creative process and send that to their partner 2. Share the proof that they just approved in the proof tool Some things to consider if you want to Share the proof. Since we use automated stages that lock when a proof is approved, if the project owner wants to share the proof to the partner they would need to add them to a Workfront stage, if it exists, so that they are able to make a decision and the stage isn't locked. Also if there are already comments on the proof or previous versions then the partner will be able to view all of that. Let me know if you would like more information on our proofing process. Thanks, Jessie Shultz Mercy Health

Level 10
I'm not sure based on the above if the issue is document permissions or proof permissions. Since we use the "flex" model approach (so it is the same price for Work and Plan), we have given all of our people with a proof license, Plan licenses. So that might be why we aren't seeing that. The other issue could be Proof Permission Profile. If someone is a Manager, they only have access to their proofs. Since we do a lot of helping out (i.e. Project Manager routing V2 might not be the same as the person who routed V1), we have everyone's proof permission profile as Supervisor. This gives them access to all proofs. Again, not exactly sure based on your description is the issue for you, but you might want to see if updating the Proof Permission Profile and see if changing the AE to Supervisor helps. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Yes this is available and that’s the way we work because our designers only share with the Marketing manager who then decides who needs to approve. They are all workers. It has to do with access levels. There’s a wide (and confusing to me) combination of access setups for Proof so what I’ve done is opened it up to the widest levels and checked all the boxes to give all workers all access so that we don’t run into this issue. Also in the admin setup in Proof ( not the People setting in Workfront) there are default access levels that I‘ve set to the highest levels as well. Of course this only works if your workers are trusted to not share with inappropriate people, and you don’t work in a severely security conscious business. Otherwise you have to be careful about which people get the access. Sent from my iPhone