Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Original Information becomes modified during conversion of request to project?

Level 9
I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. Jane Doe, submits a marketing request and completes the form that is attached. The request goes to our PM team, who converts the request to a project once it's been vetted and approved. (Katie Miller does this for example). The original request shows in field tracking Jane Doe answered the form questions. When the project converts, it changes that to show as if Katie Miller answered the questions. Any idea why this would happen?
3 Replies

Level 10
I'm not able to duplicate this in my instance. In my original issue, it continues to show the original requestor as having entered the information into the fields. Is it possible that you are looking at the project tracking rather than the issue tracking? It makes sense to me that if a project custom form is populated from request data, the person who hits save on the project will show as the person who entered the field data. -skye

Level 9
Thanks Skye! So we lose that original submission data when we save to an object? it seems silly that the original requester will be wiped out when you convert a project on their behalf. So this is what shows in the project tracking: But this is what is in the request itself tracking.

Level 10
well... you don't lose it. It stays with the original issue. But yes, it's not going to log that way in the project. Workfront just doesn't have a way to capture the conversion process differently (maybe this is an Idea?), so it treats that process as though the project owner is doing it from scratch. -skye