Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

NWE Question Newbie here - Home/Summary can you access custom forms?

Level 4

Hi,

I see that we can control the info populating in both the Home and summary sections of tasks, issues/requests via layout templates - but wondering if i can pull in a clickable link to the custom forms aligned to those items - so that users using the summary can see the custom forms associated to a task or issue and click right into them via the Home but mostly the Task Summary area or issue summary. Summary is a great feature but really need those custom forms. Any ideas? I tried experimenting with all the Category options - didn't come across one that has a link that shows up. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

one option might be to set your user's layout templates so that the details page for each object type is at the top of the left nav - so when they click on say a task on Home, it goes to the task page, but the task details with the custom forms is the first item (and the default view) in the left nav.

That would give them on click on the task name to get to the custom forms - although they would have to click again on Home to get to the next item in their work list.

Level 10

Hi - yeah, we did what Heather suggested. I moved Issue Details to the top of the left nav and then we moved Custom Form above Overview. That way, the first thing the user sees when they click the link in Home, an email, in-app notification, or Teams notification, they go to the custom form.

(Side note: The updated Teams app has the custom form in the Teams card, which my users are loving)