Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

NWE Planner Questions

Level 10

Support gave me some answers to questions about Planner functionality that I'd like to see if the Community has workarounds to.

I preface this by stating that we are still on Classic, but starting preparations behind-the-scenes for migrating to NWE early next year. Layout Templates and general exploration being the first step, where we happened to bump into issue with the Resource Management interface.

1. Apparently the resource Planner loads all users (or seems to). However, this can take quite a bit of time and until then the screen is blank and appears frozen. How do you deal with this?
  2. Related to #1, there appears to be no way to pre-filter this view so it will bring-up less users. In our case, pre-filter by teams or groups. Or even by Resource Pool (we only have one Pool, but would make more if it resolved this issue). Anything to keep #1 from trying to load so many users, which impacts performance.
  3. If we came-up with a cool filter for Planner for the resource managers, it cannot be deployed globally from the layout template. We're really stuck showing them how or logging in as them to set it up for them, one RM at a time?

:-(

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi - based on my experiences, however, we are in NWE so not sure if that makes a difference.

1 & 2 - Yeah, the default filter is like all users in your home group and for some groups, that is a lot of people (one of my groups has like 2,000 people). However, if you change the filter to something else, it does remember that filter. So the next time you visit, it should load faster. I try to remember to change it back to a "My Filter" where it just shows me so that it loads faster. (Although, I don't always remember to do that. LOL!)

3 - Now this one confuses. For the Resource Planner, you can share filters with other people for them to see it. The Workload Balancer is the one where you cannot share filters so you have to log in as people to recreate. In Planner, if you hover over the filter, you should see an icon that is an arrow going up and to the right. That is the Share option and allows you to have others have the filter.