Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Notification: Resources Assigned to a Project I Own

Level 2

Hi Workfront Gurus, Does anyone know how to or have a creative idea (report) on how we can automate a notification once our Resource Manager assigns actual people to a project's roles? For context, our PMs set-up a project and added the roles with the corresponding hours needed for that role on the project. The RM will go into the Workload Balancer and assign people to the tasks.

We're trying to avoid the RM having to go into the task and update that resources have been assigned.

I feel like the answer is right in front of my face, and yet it eludes me. I'd like some ideas from the "Workfront Wise Ones," you know who you are, and thank you for your help in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Jennifer,

Our users assigned to tasks get an email notification when they are assigned to a task. I believe the notification that triggers that is "Work Item Request to Work Item Assignee" under Action Needed in the notifications.

Level 2

Thank Heather, I am aware of the person assigned getting a notification. I am looking for a notification to the project owner because our project owners are project managers. We have a separate resource manager who assigns the resources to a project.

Level 10

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for confirming; barring a specific alert that matches your use case, I'd suggest you write a Notes report filtered to retrieve any Tasks within a certain period of time (say, 24 hours) whose "Assigned" is contained in the Audit Text, and either group it by Project Owner and schedule it to distribute it to all those Project Owners (lengthy report but accurate), or clone it for each Project Owner using Run As and restricting the data (e.g. Owner ID = $$USER.ID) ad scheduling each separately (shorter, but nightmarish to create and maintain).

Regards,

Doug