Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Note Report- Group by Project Owner + Chart by Project Owner

Level 2

I have several note reports that extract some hashtag statements out of the updates (notes) and I am trying to create a chart that shows how many items (notes) by project owner. 

So far I can group by project owner by text edit and in chart it appears as though it can sort by that but when it comes out its not really showing accurate on the chart. Images attached for ease of understanding. Any assistance in what I am doing wrong and/or if it's even possible would be much appreciated!

1.) you can see it groups, provides name of owner accurately, and count accurately. 

Snag_11a96ba4.png

2.) when the chart is displayed it combines them all 

Snag_11aa62f5.png

3.) it seems as though it would work?

Nikki_Clemmons_0-1674508906526.png

Grouping code: 

group.0.linkedname=project:owner
group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=project:owner
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=project:owner:name
group.0.valuefield=project:owner:name
group.0.valueformat=string

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yeah, this is frustrating. Unfortunately when you use text mode you can't group by it, you can only group by actual fields in a chart.

If you need this in a chart and can't look at the details view of your existing report instead, only thing I can think of is if you added a typeahead custom form field for project owner - typeahead option so getting consistent answers instead of a text field that wouldn't be able to be grouped. Then pull that field into your grouping/chart. But it's an extra field for people to fill in...

For some reason to make a calculated form field it can only pull in project owner ID, not project owner name. Silly.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yeah, this is frustrating. Unfortunately when you use text mode you can't group by it, you can only group by actual fields in a chart.

If you need this in a chart and can't look at the details view of your existing report instead, only thing I can think of is if you added a typeahead custom form field for project owner - typeahead option so getting consistent answers instead of a text field that wouldn't be able to be grouped. Then pull that field into your grouping/chart. But it's an extra field for people to fill in...

For some reason to make a calculated form field it can only pull in project owner ID, not project owner name. Silly.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )