Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Not able to open proof within Workfront

Level 2
Hello everyone, So I have an user that is not able to open any proof within Workfront for weeks but he is able to open them via notification of proof email just fine When attempting to open proof within Workfront, it just loops forever but when he goes to email and open the exact same proof in question from the email, the proof will open up just fine He has already cleared cache, restarted laptop (Mac laptop) and is currently using Chrome Chances are it is only happening on his laptop only ...haven't gotten a chance to mess with it yet Anyone got any ideas?! Deveraux Williams Clemson University
5 Replies

Level 10
Is it a PDF proof or an HTML proof? The interactive proofs act differently and require all other sorts of hoop jumping to get them to open.

Level 2
it's a PDF proof Deveraux Williams Clemson University

Level 8
First, I would log in as the user and see if you can duplicate the issue. This will isolate whether it is a profile issue or a laptop issue. I suspect it is a laptop issue. In this case, I would clear the cache from the browser itself, not just internet properties (it sounds like you may have already done this). Then, I would check the version of chrome the user is on. They may simply be on an outdated version that is causing the inconsistent behavior. If those things check out, then have them try another browser (safari or firefox). If all that fails, unfortunately it's time for a support tkt. Hope that helps! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com

Level 10
Well then I don't have a clue. I would ask IT, if you have a smart IT. I would suggest that the login be considered – ie he is logged in when clicking from WF but maybe not when clicking from a Notification. Also, the sharing/owner status may be different? If it's just the laptop that's definitely a strong clue. Please report back when you discover the problem, as I can envision this happening in my organization at some point.

Level 2
yea i already tested that on another pc and opens up just fine so that led me to believe it was laptop issue ...he already cleared cache ....i haven't seen it (the laptop) myself yet but ill make sure the browser is up to date and he plan to use another browser to test (Safari and/or Firefox) thanks for ur input! Deveraux Williams Clemson University