Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Not able to change Request Status (due to linkage with project status change)

Level 1

Is there a way to keep the Issue/Request Status independent of the Project Status even when we have converted a project out of the request? 

We have an intake process where the user submits an idea. and then it gets routed to a reviewer who converts the request into a project. We either want to close the request once the conversion has been completed or keep it independent of the project status so that the reviewer can manually change it to "Closed" Status.

Status Issue_WF.jpg

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In the setup area of Workfront, there is a setting that you can toggle on or off to sync the statuses between resolving and resolvable objects. See screenshot here:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 155504.jpg

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In the setup area of Workfront, there is a setting that you can toggle on or off to sync the statuses between resolving and resolvable objects. See screenshot here:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 155504.jpg

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 10

Hi @rowvill,

In addition to the global setting @Richard_Le_  mentioned, you might also consider experimenting (in your preview environment first, I'd suggest) with the three-character status codes behind the Issue and Project statuses (and Tasks, for that matter). Although I've not done so myself for quite some time, as I recall, for the same concept (e.g. "In Progress"), by intentionally changing those codes to NOT match (e.g. "INP" for Project and "YEP" for Issue), you might be able to prevent echoing the Project Status change back to the Issue in such cases (but preserve it, should you wish, in other cases).

Regards,

Doug