Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

New Home Page: is it available to 'request' licences?

Level 2

HI all, 

After reading through some of the posts on EL around the new home page, I can see there are mixed opinions! 

One thing I'm frustrated with is the inability (I believe) to template/set a standard for how the new homepage looks and what widgets are displayed for different licence types. Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but in the 2 pages of support Adobe have posted and feedback from community members here, I don't think this is possible.

Another thing is the lack of clarity from Adobe on which licence types will see this home page/will be able to access. Our collaborators at my organisation are automatically onboarded via SSO as Requestors - I have tested a new layout template that directs Requestors to the homepage with a dummy account, and it just sends me to the requests area again (the 'Users in the system will default to seeing the new home experience" option in preferences is ticked). A requestor, after making a request, will of course need to view/approve proofs based on their ask - and so the 'my approvals' / 'my requests' widgets would be really helpful in this instance. Will review/request licences be able to view the new home page? 

Thanks in advance for any replies. Keen to hear others' opinions/feedback on the new home page environment!

Cole Dixon 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, it was expressed by many people in the Home beta that admins want a way to preset some Home versions for certain users/groups/licenses, the way you can create layout templates. I believe this is getting worked in but I don't know timing.

In your instance you can choose to not have the new Home default for users by going to Setup > Preferences > deselecting this checkbox (it is selected on default).

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1690301340674.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, it was expressed by many people in the Home beta that admins want a way to preset some Home versions for certain users/groups/licenses, the way you can create layout templates. I believe this is getting worked in but I don't know timing.

In your instance you can choose to not have the new Home default for users by going to Setup > Preferences > deselecting this checkbox (it is selected on default).

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1690301340674.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi Madalyn, 

Great to hear that this is in the pipeline for future updates - I'm also aware that the new home experience is in it's very early days and so snags/improvements will always be expected. I'm looking forward to see how it develops. 

Thanks, 
Cole 

Level 10

I agree with this 100% I want it in the layout template so everyone sees the same thing and I don't have to have the same conversation about this 50 times.

It seems kind of glitchy, one of the widgets breaks every time I click on it. Also, we use "requests" not "issues" but one of the widgets is "My Issues" -- Also it is confusing as there are 2 widgets "My Requests" and "My Issues" and one is for requests I submitted and the other is for requests assigned to me, but the title doesn't help figure out which is which.

Level 2

Hi Jill. Hopefully we'll see the layout template option added in due course, as highlighted by Madalyn above. This will make things much smoother for us admins. 

For the request widgets, I know what you mean - maybe the ability to rename widgets would help if this could be implemented. I'm responsible for all traffic that comes through the system so I'm using the 'My Requests' widget with the 'Open' filter applied at the mo, which is working alright. Which of the widgets is not working for you/breaks, out of interest? 

Thanks

Cole 

Level 10

It was breaking when I clicked on "open summary" in My Requests but today it is working.