Expand my Community achievements bar.

new from selected people api

Level 10
Is there such a thing? I'm looking at the user* objects on the API explorer and I've not come across this. What I'm hoping to do is automate an add user request and auto create the user based on a default user account that I have. While I can manually write code to select each feature for the user account one by one, I'd rather do it the efficient way which is to create new based on a default user. So, is there such an api action? Polly Co
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Polly, Wow: this one takes me back! Back in the day, there was no easy way within Workfront (AtTask) to copy an existing user, so -- eager to grab some low hanging fruit -- we created a Copy User solution that would do just that. As you've suspected (pardon me for burying the answer you were hoping to avoid), there was no magic "copy" method, so we rolled our own, carefully echoing each setting from source to target user, and after working the kinks out, were at last ready to move it into our www.atappstore.com catalog. The very morning we launched it...Workfront released the built in feature that did the same thing. "Awwwwwkwaaaaard". We of course de-listed ours immediately, and since then, have worked much more closely with Workfront's Design and Dev teams so that we avoid overlapping either organizations efforts. Ideally, we seek to create solutions that compliment and extend Workfront: but recognize that our best solutions are always at risk of extinction, should Workfront eventually incorporate them. Which is fine by us, and part of the deal: our best defense is as strong offence, by coming up with new and improved solutions! Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore