Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New Features: Bold, Italics, Underline in Custom Forms (Text Field with Formatting) + Clutter-Free Kanban Board

Employee

Hey folks, I just wanted to let you all know about some new features coming soon. Two new features are now available on Preview and will be coming to Production in two weeks! A new type of custom field called "Text Field with Formatting" which will allow you to emphasize key information using bold, italics, and underline, and also a new setting which will allow you to choose how long "completed" cards stay on the Kanban board are now on Preview. Check out the full details and demo video here: https://one.workfront.com/s/article/20-3-release-activity-Week-of-June-15-2020?language=en_US#kanban.... Additional formatting and layout options in other areas of the application are planned for future releases.

Thanks,

Jeremy Flores,

Product Manager, Workfront

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

13 Replies

Community Advisor

I tried out the text field with formatting yesterday. This is so exciting, can't wait to see additional formatting come to this new field type. it's going to allow us to enter more of our work directly into Workfront and do away with all those Word copy docs that we upload now.

Level 10

First calendars, now rich text? Your polling is skyrocketing, Jeremy!

Great stuff! We’ll be plugging it into our Magic Reports solution immediately.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Jeremy, if you add a way to add spreadsheets (tables) to the formatting options, I have several users who might send you flowers!

Employee

Will definitely keep this in mind, Skye. 😁

Level 7

Hey Jeremy -

Will these new fields be viewable on reports/views (see below as this is what I am seeing in preview)? Ability to in-line edit? Will there be future functionality to change fields from standard text to formatted (similar to how we can now change dropdowns to check boxes or radio buttons) or will we have to re-create our fields in order to use this?

Thanks!

Employee

Hi Sarah,

Good questions. See answers italicized below.

Q: Will these new fields be viewable on reports/views (see below as this is what I am seeing in preview)? Ability to in-line edit?

A: Yes, we are currently working on supporting lists now. This will come with the upcoming Preview release and "edit" mode should come a week or two later.

Q2: Will there be future functionality to change fields from standard text to formatted (similar to how we can now change dropdowns to check boxes or radio buttons) or will we have to re-create our fields in order to use this?

A2: Right now, no. You would need to recreate the fields, but we have discussed improvements in this area.

Level 2

Hi @Jeremy Flores‚ ,

With the new field, I tried to use bullets and numbers but it wasn't let me know tab in for sub bullets while doing in-line or in the custom form that the field is mapped to. Is there something I need to set when using this custom field type to do this, or it's just not possible right now and a system limitation?

Thanks,

Tim

Employee

Hey @Tim Greek‚, you are correct in that this isn't possible now. Including @Gevorg Kazaryan‚ to see if this is something his team is considering for a potential future release?

Level 5

@Jeremy Flores‚ has there been any movement on if we'll be able to change the standard text field to the formatted text option?

Employee

Hi Ryan - Not that I'm aware of but including @Gevorg Kazaryan‚ to keep me honest.

Hi Ryan,

I can offer a way to change a standard text field into the formatted text option, and if you'd like more details, invite you to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

I'm using the "text field with formatting" field in one of my custom forms to be able to include hyperlinks, from which I generate a report using these fields. It shows up perfectly in the Workfront report. When I download the report to Excel, it removes all of the hyperlinks. How do I fix this?