Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Need help building a useful Proof Status "Dashboard" Report so account folks/project managers can see the status of all the active Proofs associated with their client Portfolio in one place.

Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Proof Status Report that shows the status of all the active Proofs on a particular client Portfolio.

The data points I'd want to see are:

• Proof Name (linking the Proof)
  • Version Number
  • Proof Owner/Uploader
  • Current Active Proofing Workflow Stage(s) - stages that are active w/out a decision
  • Completed Proofing Workflow Stage(s)- stages where a decision has been made

Grouping: Project Name

Filters:

• Portfolio: Equals: [Portfolio] Name
  • Awaiting Decision: Equals: True
  • Proofing state: Equals: Active/Pending

My attempts to create this using either a Document-type or Proof Approval-type Report haven't worked out and WF Support said it isn't currently possible, but I'm hoping someone here cleverer than I has figured it out. All of these data points exist in the system so they should be able to be gathered in a Report.

I can't imagine that I'm the only user who's tried to create this type of Report so if you've created a similar Report for your users that they've found helpful, I'd love see it!

Thanks,

Peter Rees

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - yeah, unfortunately, all the data points you want to display are not possible in the Workfront interface at the moment. Workfront only has an "Active Stages" field and that shows you stages that have been activate and are UNLOCKED not without an approval (which I agree is very weird and I have let Product know that several times). To get exactly what you want, you would need to do a Fusion or API export and use a tool like Tableau, Power BI, or SQL Reporting Services.

Now I did a status report for my last agency, but I included completed proofs and had my filter just be Current projects. That way the Account team would know something was finished already. It was a document report with a prompt for portfolio (NOTE: You have to do Project >> Portfolio ID because if you just do Portfolio >> ID it will only show you documents stored on the Portfolio.) And then it was grouped by Program and Project. Included Name, Version, Owner, Last Modified, Active Stages, and overall Proof Decision. Filter was just Current Version >> Proof Creator ID is not blank and Project >> Status is Current.

0694X00000FTK2dQAH.png

So while I can't help you too much with the columns, for the filter, I might be able to help. If you do a document report, you can (in the wizard, so no text mode) do Project >> Portfolio ID equals Portfolio you want, and then Current Version >> Proof Decisions equals pending. You don't need to worry about Awaiting Decision.

I know it wasn't the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps a little.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - yeah, unfortunately, all the data points you want to display are not possible in the Workfront interface at the moment. Workfront only has an "Active Stages" field and that shows you stages that have been activate and are UNLOCKED not without an approval (which I agree is very weird and I have let Product know that several times). To get exactly what you want, you would need to do a Fusion or API export and use a tool like Tableau, Power BI, or SQL Reporting Services.

Now I did a status report for my last agency, but I included completed proofs and had my filter just be Current projects. That way the Account team would know something was finished already. It was a document report with a prompt for portfolio (NOTE: You have to do Project >> Portfolio ID because if you just do Portfolio >> ID it will only show you documents stored on the Portfolio.) And then it was grouped by Program and Project. Included Name, Version, Owner, Last Modified, Active Stages, and overall Proof Decision. Filter was just Current Version >> Proof Creator ID is not blank and Project >> Status is Current.

0694X00000FTK2dQAH.png

So while I can't help you too much with the columns, for the filter, I might be able to help. If you do a document report, you can (in the wizard, so no text mode) do Project >> Portfolio ID equals Portfolio you want, and then Current Version >> Proof Decisions equals pending. You don't need to worry about Awaiting Decision.

I know it wasn't the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps a little.

Level 3

Thanks for the example, Anthony. I had a feeling you'd respond! Hopefully in a future release we can get access to the rest of that Proofing data that is so close, and yet so far away.

-Peter