Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need filter that includes all instances, not just primary job role

Level 4

I'm trying to build a dashboard that reports on tasks assigned to job roles. The below filters present variable results when a task is assigned to more than one job role. I suspect it's prioritizing the first job role assigned. How do I filter my report to include all tasks that have a user's job role assigned?

0694X00000DTJt4QAH.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lyndsy,

As you're asserting, Tasks (and Issues) can have each have multiple Assignments of Roles (and/or Users), the first of which becomes the "Primary" Assignment, and is technically stored "on" the Task (or Issue) in the Role ID (or Assigned To ID).

• By Design, only the Primary Role (or Assignee) is returned when the filter is restricted on Task >> Role ID (or Task >> Assigned To ID).
  • For cases where you want the "many" relationship, you can simply change that to be the Assignment Roles >> ID (or Assignment Users >> ID), which will then broaden your results accordingly.
  • If you then need more details about each of those specific "many" assignments, you can also create an Assignment report (one level down from the Task or Issue). @Anthony Imgrund‚ has contributed many examples that illustrate the advantages of doing so.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lyndsy,

As you're asserting, Tasks (and Issues) can have each have multiple Assignments of Roles (and/or Users), the first of which becomes the "Primary" Assignment, and is technically stored "on" the Task (or Issue) in the Role ID (or Assigned To ID).

• By Design, only the Primary Role (or Assignee) is returned when the filter is restricted on Task >> Role ID (or Task >> Assigned To ID).
  • For cases where you want the "many" relationship, you can simply change that to be the Assignment Roles >> ID (or Assignment Users >> ID), which will then broaden your results accordingly.
  • If you then need more details about each of those specific "many" assignments, you can also create an Assignment report (one level down from the Task or Issue). @Anthony Imgrund‚ has contributed many examples that illustrate the advantages of doing so.

Regards,

Doug

Level 4

Perfect! I knew someone would know better the filter I should use. Thank you!