Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Need advice for SLA tracking and automated reports for IT help desk

Level 4
We have a customer who has been using Workfront as an IT help desk ticketing system for quite some time. They're very interested in tracking their SLAs and automating reports. Any suggestions around processes, tools you're using, etc. would be very much appreciated! Sherry Arnold Workfront
3 Replies

Level 10
We use Workfront for our Helpdesk and created a dashboard with several reports to see various things. It depends on what they want to see. The options are limitless. We created custom forms for our Helpdesk techs and based on those answers we can craft reports/dashboards. For example: How many tickets are still open How many are open > 1 week How many did we close last month How many tickets are handled by each Tech Which Applications have the most tickets (need to use the form to produce these results) Which tickets are unassigned And the list goes on. We don't have many special processes to produce those. We do run the API for some things, but depending on what they want may not be necessary. Let me know how I can help. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 2
We have SLA reports that show response days from initial request, to initial response, to final closure. We do this in the normal reporting tool with creating some calculation columns, as outlined in the Advanced Reporting manual. The results can be numerical or graphical. Linda Wanitschek Intel Corporation

Level 2
We have SLA reports that show response days from initial request, to initial response, to final closure. We do this in the normal reporting tool with creating some calculation columns, as outlined in the Advanced Reporting manual. The results can be numerical or graphical. We do this for any intake tickets for any group. Linda Wanitschek Intel Corporation