Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

My calculation field which is attached to Custom Form doesn't work

Level 1

I have created calculation field, which is based on the data from two different fields (which are also included in the Custom Form) 

Formula

SUM({DE:Outcosts to date},{DE:Outcosts to complete})

Are attached the calculated field to one of the report and the report is attached to the project dashboard. 
The other fields are also attached to the report and to the different project dashboard. 
One I added value to both fields, the calculation field didn't summed up the numbers. 

Any idea what I done incorrect? 

Thanks in advance for your help 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thank you Lars for your quick responds. 

I found the issue - I created a WIP Custom Form and added there the calculated field, then attached this field to the report and to the project dashboard. 

Because the Custom Form is not attached to the Project the calculated field will not work there. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hello Mariola,

did you make sure, that the fields are formatted as numbers?

If not and the values are stored as a string, you could use the NUMBER() function to convert the strings to numbers.

SUM(NUMBER({DE:Outcosts to date}),NUMBER({DE:Outcosts to complete}))

Regards

Lars

Correct answer by
Level 1

Thank you Lars for your quick responds. 

I found the issue - I created a WIP Custom Form and added there the calculated field, then attached this field to the report and to the project dashboard. 

Because the Custom Form is not attached to the Project the calculated field will not work there.