Expand my Community achievements bar.

Matrix Settings - Turn off "Show Record Count" and display actual values

Level 2
Hello, We leverage the same task names across projects and would like to create a status report, based on plan completion date, which would look like: Task A Task B Task C Project A 1/2/18 1/4/18 1/8/18 Project B 1/5/18 1/9/18 1/12/18 Project C 1/10/18 1/20/18 2/15/18 We are hoping to have late tasks color as well but one step at a time. :) The issue we have been having it the report displays the record count of if there is a Plan Completion data value for that task. So it looks like this: Task A Task B Task C Project A 1 1 1 Project B 1 1 1 Project C 1 1 1 The system is not showing the value, even though "Show Value Column" is selected in matrix settings. In addition, in Matrix settings it will not let us unselect "Show Record Count". It is grayed out. Any help would be appreciated, John Minze Intelisent
5 Replies

Level 10
Can you provide a screen shot of your Groupings Tab? Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 2

Here is the picture Vic. Thanks! John Minze PMP, 6Σ, PSM I Intelisent0690z000007ZiOdAAK.png

Level 10
Hi John, I can't see your screenshot at the moment (SSO, go to your room, and no supper for you tonight!), but have an idea of what might be going on. I suggest you add Planned Completion Date to your view with a "Max" on it (and group by Project/Task). On the chart config, having provided that "Max" aggregate instruction to Workfront, Planned Completion Date should then be available, and – since it is then the alternative you want – you should be able to deselect the default Row Count option. The result, since you're grouping by Project, Task, is that the (single, max, expected) Task Planned Start Date should appear in the grid, as you desire. Regards, Doug

Level 2
Thanks Doug, So your solution is a lot easier than what I did to figure it out. I did not notice the min/max option when I started off so I: Created a Task form to pulled in the same value, Planned Comp Date, as text, and then as a number. The number option worked but UNIX time values were useless. Then I tried pulling it in as a date and I noticed the min/max option and it worked. I just tried it again without bothering with the form, like you recommended, and the min/max option is there! I was going to start explaining to the team they needed the form for some technical reason I do not understand, but now I wont spread that rumor. Thanks! John Minze PMP, 6Σ, PSM I Intelisent Creative Services (Company)

Level 10

Happy to help, John (and relieved to hear that my from-memory instructions were sufficient). As a general rule, whenever I build a grouped report (whether list or matrix), include at least one column with an aggregate and define a chart that then uses it, so those who are more visual thinkers can then flip to it -- and perhaps spot something interesting. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore0690z000007ZiOYAA0.jpg