Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Managing Task Templates

Level 4

If we have attached a task template to a project and then we make changes to that task template, do those changes carrying into the projects that have the existing template attached or do we need to somehow remove the task template and reattach to every project? Thank you in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Leigh,

As such Template changes only affect new Projects, I invite you to consider our Sync Template solution, which allows you to synchronize those adjustments "out" to existing Projects.

Regards,

Doug

Level 4

Thank you, Doug. Short of going that direction, is there a way to remove and reapply a template? I couldn't find any reference to removing a template. We don't have that many projects, so it wouldn't be a huge feat to reattach the new template, if possible.

Level 10

Hi Leigh,

Yes, in that case, you could delete all the Tasks and then reattach the (improved) Template.

Note that if you created the Project using a different Template in the first place, be aware that the "old" TemplateID will still be associated with the Project (it get's "stuck" upon Project creation).

Might be wise to practice in yourdomain.preview.workfront.com first.

Regards,

Doug

Level 7

Hi Leigh,

No, changes to the template won't auto-translate to projects that have been created with it.

I would recommend creating another template that only has the changed tasks so you reapply only what you need.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to bulk associate templates so yes, you'll need to reapply it to each individual project.

Hope this helps,

Teale