Expand my Community achievements bar.

Looking to have a conversation with another company on how they have mastered resource planning and prioritization with jobs in Workfront.

Level 3

I've recently watched the LEAP video with Schneider Electric and thought that was fantastic but looking to see if another company has other tips and tricks in doing this.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi Shannon,

To consider another perspective, I invite you to learn about our Capacity Charts solution, which (along with some other related items) is also covered in this video. You're also welcome to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com for more details.

Regards,

Doug

Level 3

@Chris Knittle‚ and @Vazgen Babayan‚ - I know you both spoke on this topic at Leap. Not sure if you might have some insight or others you could connect Shannon with.

Shannon - a few other sessions I saw that might have covered a bit on this topic at Leap included the sessions below:

• @Nicholas Twillie‚ and @Alma Martinez‚ spoke at Leap on Unlocking Time-Tracking Potential: "Learn how effective time tracking can completely transform project planning and resource allocation to add value to your organization and contribute to its success.

• @Lisa Mixon‚ and @Audrey Tiffenbach‚ spoke at Leap on Herding Cats: A Journey to Effective Project Portfolio Management: "After several years of managing chaos rather than a project portfolio, Credit Union of Colorado developed a five-step process to manage enterprise efforts within Workfront. In this session you'll learn how these steps‚ÄîIdentify, Understand, Develop, Prioritize, and Work‚Äîallow CUofCO to tie portfolio items to the organizational strategic plan and deliver high-impact projects each year."

So glad you found Schneider's session worthwhile too!

Level 2

Hi Shannon,

I am happy to share our journey if you have question after the video. Feel free to email me. mixonl@cuofco.org.

Thanks!

Lisa

Employee

I think you covered it all, Whitney!

Level 3

Thanks @Whitney Vincent‚ and @Vazgen Babayan‚ I will review these session and share with my team. I'm pretty sure I originally registered for these sessions at LEAP in Orlando :(

How can I get to these sessions? do you have a link handy?

@Doug Den Hoed‚ I will look at your video as well, I assume this needs WF Fusion to connect?

Thank you all so much for the quick response!

“No Fusion Required” Shannon, and the first few seconds of this Top Secret video explains why.

Regards,

Doug

Employee

Hi Shannon, jumping in for Whitney here, I do know that Audrey and Lisa just opened up their session for any questions on this AMA here (and a link directly to their session) if that helps at all.

Level 10

Hi Shannon,

We haven't quite yet mastered resource planning at Truist because there are so many things that need to be in place before that can ever truly be realized. What we have mastered is workflow configuration for the enterprise. It all starts with a Center of Excellence and the administrators getting things right and setting an example for everyone else to follow because Workfront is not easy without the right tools and methodologies. Getting work flowing smoothly is a prerequisite for resource planning and prioritization in my opinion.

It only took about eight years for me to fully wrap my head around what it truly means to be a COE and to create one. But now that we have it and it's running like a fine tuned machine, our overall productivity is improving and people are working instead of trying to figure out how to find work. I'll be doing a sneak peek of our WFCOE Access Request process in the WFPro Decompression Session Friday at 3pm Eastern. You (and anyone else) are welcomed to join if you want to see how we roll at Truist.

Thanks,

Narayan

Level 3

Hi Shannon,

Wish we could have connected in Orlando! Here are the links to those sessions: Unlocking Time Tracking Potential and Herding Cats: A Journey to Effective Project Portfolio Management. Definitely jump in the AMA (Ask Me Anything) session Kyna mentioned if you find the session has content you were looking for, then you can connect with the speakers directly.