Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Link Currency/Monetary Field in Customs Forms

Level 5

Hi Community,

I have three fields that I want to interact with each other.

• Currency Field: This is just a Text drop down so the user can highlight the currency
  • Budgets Fields: These are both currently in Currency format

The user can define the currency, e.g. USD, but the two Budget fields then default and show as GBP. Is there a way to make the Budget fields reference the Currency Test field to pull in the correct currency?

If not possible, I could change the budget fields to number format, but would prefer them to be in Currency format.

MattWindsor_0-1704464487257.png

Thanks

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is not a way to make custom fields know it should be a different currency type based on previous custom fields. 

There are options for setting up different exchange rates within a project if that's an option for what you are doing. If you use a different currency type for projects then all the currency fields convert to that instead of USD.

KellieGardner_0-1704470083735.png

We don't use different rates in our instance so I have limited knowledge on any nuances to the process but have tested it in Sandbox previously to learn about it. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/manage-wf/exchange-...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There is not a way to make custom fields know it should be a different currency type based on previous custom fields. 

There are options for setting up different exchange rates within a project if that's an option for what you are doing. If you use a different currency type for projects then all the currency fields convert to that instead of USD.

KellieGardner_0-1704470083735.png

We don't use different rates in our instance so I have limited knowledge on any nuances to the process but have tested it in Sandbox previously to learn about it. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/manage-wf/exchange-...

Level 5

Thanks Kellie,

Thanks for confirming that it's not possible. I didn't know about the currency fields automatically updating to the currency set in the project, so that's useful to know.

Thanks for you help

Matt

Level 10

Hi @MattWindsor,

We have created many Budgeting solutions over the years, most recently including our AFA Burn Report and AFA Burn List solutions, which provide multi-currency features not available natively within Workfront.

For more information, I invite you to review this video and this related post, then (if you're interested) contact me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug