Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Lack of captioning during online sessions, I am deaf...

Level 2
It is really disappointing not being able to participate during an on-going session as there is NO captioning at all. Can we PLEASE have captioning enabled and I'm pretty sure that the FCC is already enforcing this by way of the Americans with Disabilities Act...
4 Replies

Level 10

Now that you brought it up…I am borderline shocked it isn't available from a company is large as Adobe, who should know better…

Level 2

It is so disappointing to get a response back from FCC that Adobe is NOT required to provide captioning as it falls under an exception that any live or pre-recorded sessions not aired on American Television is free-game for their HR to decide. In other words, our own gov't swept us under the rug again and if it's not directly affecting Adobe's bottom line, then they won't do it despite offering accessibility tools for profit. Ugh. 

Level 10

Yeah but we musn't let companies off the hook on the difference between "should do" (as a courtesy and as a good citizen) and "required to do" (by law).

Level 2

It took someone with a lot of social pull to get major streaming services to get subtitles on their videos with just one tweet on twitter...

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marlee-matlin-helped-force-streaming-video-closed-captions/stor...

Netflix and Matlin's publicist were flooded with calls. The actress then worked with the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) to send Congress a letter demanding that streaming sites offer closed captioning. But it took a lawsuit from NAD filed against Netflix for the FCC to finally get involved. Netflix settled the suit by agreeing to caption all its shows by 2014.

I am but only one person