Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Kick Start Guide for Fields

Level 8

Hi! Does anyone know if there is a step by step guide on kick starts for custom fields? We have versioning in our projects and i will create the same exact field with a slightly different name that has all the same options to select. Currently, I am working on a mass form overhaul with new fields that are repeated 20 different times with 20 options and I am looking for a way to save time. Thank you in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I had to do this once, and the way I went about it was to download a kickstart first and then work out what data I needed to put in based on that. So in other words, reverse engineering it. I think I started by doing Export Data on the Custom Data and then figuring out what to put in the different tabs based on what I know about what I pulled. In doing so, you might learn some new terms, like Parameter, Parameter Option, and Parameter Group.

This link contains some basic kick-start information. If you have never done a kick-start at all, it's worth it to step through the exercises even though none pertain to custom fields. The same things you learn importing a task into the system, e.g. what to put in the ID field, will be applicable for custom fields.

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FAd...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I had to do this once, and the way I went about it was to download a kickstart first and then work out what data I needed to put in based on that. So in other words, reverse engineering it. I think I started by doing Export Data on the Custom Data and then figuring out what to put in the different tabs based on what I know about what I pulled. In doing so, you might learn some new terms, like Parameter, Parameter Option, and Parameter Group.

This link contains some basic kick-start information. If you have never done a kick-start at all, it's worth it to step through the exercises even though none pertain to custom fields. The same things you learn importing a task into the system, e.g. what to put in the ID field, will be applicable for custom fields.

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FAd...

Level 8
Classification: DBI Confidential Thank you Skye!