Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issues Version History

Level 1

Is it possible to view the version history of issues I have in a project? I have multiple issues that have disappeared and I'm trying to determine if they were converted to a task or deleted by a user. I've seen that the Updates tab does provide a record of deletion history, but I don't see anything there that indicates whether an issue was converted to a task.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you mentioned, the updates tab does provide a record of deletion, and if you didn't want to go trawling through all the projects and tasks for that, you could run a journal entry report looking to see whether anything was outright deleted. If you are an admin and on top of your recycle bin stuff, you can also quickly check your bin for deleted issues. Those get recycled after 30 days so I will leave you to make your peace with it.

For issues converted to a task or project, those immediately disappear leaving no trace except for the converted request originator name. So for these you might be able to run a report looking for tasks (or projects?) filtering for where the converted request ID is blank and the converted request originator ID is not blank.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As you mentioned, the updates tab does provide a record of deletion, and if you didn't want to go trawling through all the projects and tasks for that, you could run a journal entry report looking to see whether anything was outright deleted. If you are an admin and on top of your recycle bin stuff, you can also quickly check your bin for deleted issues. Those get recycled after 30 days so I will leave you to make your peace with it.

For issues converted to a task or project, those immediately disappear leaving no trace except for the converted request originator name. So for these you might be able to run a report looking for tasks (or projects?) filtering for where the converted request ID is blank and the converted request originator ID is not blank.