Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Is there a way to restrict users from seeing all task level fields

Level 3

Hello all,

Basically we want to allow users to be able to upload documents to task in a project.

But we don't want them to see any custom task level details (i.e. a task-level custom form with all the task-level custom fields).

Is there even a way to do this? 

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

@MarTechMischief the best way to restrict native fields is through a layout template. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

In your task custom form, modify the form sharing to users/groups that you do want to be able to see/edit the info. Users with no access at all won't see the custom form info in task details - they'll still be able to upload docs, make Updates, etc. assuming they have at least View access on the task/project level.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Thanks @Madalyn_Destafney 

In fact there is one mistake in my statement. They are not the custom fields. They are all out of the box fields. Is there a way not to allow users view those task-level OOTB fields, but at the same time allow them to upload files to the task?

Correct answer by
Level 3

@MarTechMischief the best way to restrict native fields is through a layout template.