Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to remove / delete an update on a task?

Level 2
I have an employee that accidentally added an update to the wrong task (on the wrong project). Is there a way to remove / delete an update added to a specific task? Thank you! Erica Abenroth Project Manager RLI Corp
7 Replies

Level 7
Hi Erica, it depends on how the Access level has been set-up for the user in your instance. In the Access level, you can stipulate if individuals can delete their comments or not. This is under the "Set additional restrictions…" section of the Access level. See this Support article section, which adds further information: >Delete a Comment Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
I'd like to add to Terry's response that I'd have an access level in my instance called "Delete Comments" and, when needed, you can login as that user on another browser and temporarily flip the switch on that access level for the user, delete the comment as the user, then flip the access level back. This ensures that you don't give elevated rights to anyone. Instead, you give completely reduced rights to one person for about 5 seconds. Does this make sense? Narayan Raum Workfront Delivery Lead - SunTrust Bank https://wf-pro.com for Text Mode & Solutions

Level 5
Yep, this is how I've done, temp access, log in as, delete, remove access All of our comments had to be part of the audit record, but sys admin include root password in a screen cap Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 2
Thanks all!! That worked perfectly. I appreciate the quick response! Erica Erica Abenroth Project Manager RLI Corp

Level 4
The sys admin has delete rights to everything. Click on the task to open, go to the updates on that task and click on the comment trash can. that should do it. Samantha Williams GameStop Corp.

Level 5
Nope, comments can only be deleted by their creator. Thus the log-in as workaround. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 4
Thanks Melinda, i see this now. Seems like before i was able to delete anything. Thanks Samantha Williams GameStop Corp.