Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way for users (Workers) to bulk edit/ update tasks assigned to them?

Level 3

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way users can bulk edit tasks assigned to them (preferably from a report, if possible)? We have some users who are assigned multiple language/ translation tasks for different countries. We have these tasks broken up by each country because there are instances where only certain languages are needed and the ones not needed are removed by the Project Manager during setup. 

As such, on certain projects some of our users will be assigned to 3-8 tasks, which they are usually working on simultaneously and what they would like is a way to bulk update these tasks (mark as in progress, change the percent complete, mark as complete, etc.) instead of having to go into each individual task to update. 

I've tried a couple different reports/ settings in Workfront, but can't get it to work. FYI, this would be for users with Worker/ Plan licenses who have minimum of contribute access to the projects where these tasks live.

Any insights on how to make this work? Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, this is possible if these folks have MANAGE access to these tasks/projects. Reassigning tasks is considered managing a task. That’s why you’ve noticed that people who are project owners can reassign its tasks, because being a project owner inherently gives the owner manage access. 

You can define what different licenses can do in their access levels in Setup. You just need to modify the access level and/or the licenses for these people and then you’re set.

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

I would make a basic task report and use layout templates to put it on a dashboard

Project status equates with current

Project users ID = $$user.id

Level 3

Hi Richard - I set these filters within a report, but it didn't allow users to bulk edit their tasks unless they were listed as the project owner. I haven't tried it on a layout dashboard yet, but wondering if the functionality would be different? 

Level 7

Additional configuration within your environment may be necessary to give sufficient permissions

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, this is possible if these folks have MANAGE access to these tasks/projects. Reassigning tasks is considered managing a task. That’s why you’ve noticed that people who are project owners can reassign its tasks, because being a project owner inherently gives the owner manage access. 

You can define what different licenses can do in their access levels in Setup. You just need to modify the access level and/or the licenses for these people and then you’re set.

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )