Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is it possible to group calendar items by a portfolio?

Level 3

I am building a calendar that will show all releases across the company and created sub-calendar filters for each portfolio's projects.

When I view the calendar in Gantt view with all sub-calendar filters turned on it is overwhelming and confusing because the events are not grouped by anything. Is it possible to add a grouping so they are neatly organized by being grouped by the portfolio they belong to instead of being intermingled throughout the entire list.

Also when in gantt view is it possible to set a year it defaults to instead of going back to the very first project date in the past?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee

@Jeremy Flores‚ I know you and @Skye Hansen‚ both have a lot of knowledge about calendars. Can you give any insight to Trisha here on what she might be able to accomplish with our calendar functionality as it stands today?

Community Advisor

I don't believe it's possible with workfront functionality as it stands today. If I had additional budget I would be looking to @Doug Den Hoed‚ to see if UberGantt would do this, otherwise I would be trying to finesse something with a regular report and the gantt view in that (which would only work with the project's planned or actual start and completion dates).

Level 10

Thanks for the tag Skye and yes (Trish),

As Skye suggested, I invite you to consider our UberGantt solution, which allows you to create a branded, customizable, printable Gantt chart of any Workfront projects and tasks of interest, simplifying communication in an insightful and professional format...and to group the data by (for example) Portfolio, to simplify communication.

Regards,

Doug