Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to allow someone access to change project status but NOT change task dates?

Level 7

We would like task assignees (that have a plan license), to be able to change project status to Complete, however, we do NOT want to allow them to change task dates.  I feel like this can be done and I am just missing or forgetting something. Anyone know?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Rhonda,

If they can change project status that means they have/need Manage access to the project, that would allow them to do pretty much anything else on the project.  If you set the project status to be automatic then as tasks are complete the project will move to complete once all tasks are done. (so these users don't have to have manage access).  This would allow you to give these task users Contribute access which should allow them to update dates.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Rhonda,

If they can change project status that means they have/need Manage access to the project, that would allow them to do pretty much anything else on the project.  If you set the project status to be automatic then as tasks are complete the project will move to complete once all tasks are done. (so these users don't have to have manage access).  This would allow you to give these task users Contribute access which should allow them to update dates.

Level 7

Thanks, Kurt, thanks for the feedback. That's what I thought   I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Unfortunately, the autocomplete is not something everyone is comfortable with using here. I will let them know my question has been confirmed by others and let them choose which option they can live with. 
Thank you!