Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Integration between Jira and Workfront

Level 2
Hi all - We are currently looking into the best way to integrate Jira and Workfront. We have the initial setting configured but ran into a roadbloack. Uou can create new tasks/issues in Workfront and they will appear in Jira but not the other way around. So you will always have to create issue in Workfront. Integration does, however, allow syncing of status, assignee, attachments, comments from Jira to Workfront So far, I am finding that triggers can be set to sync all tasks/issues for a user/role to a 'single' Jira project. For example, all of my tasks/issues can go in a "QA" Jira project but I can't redirect them from specific Workfront projects to corresponding Jira projects (for example, OneDrive, SpendConnect). Has anyone set up the Jira to Workfront integration and if so, what was your experience and can you share the steps you took. Many thanks. Isabel Isabel Ribeiro-Atwan Manager, PMO McDermott Will & Emery LLP New York, NY 10173 212-547-5825
4 Replies

Community Advisor
Following... we're just starting to look into integrating with Jira

Level 1
Hi Isabel, We tested the Workfront for JIRA integration and found it wasn't scalable for our purposes. The two main findings were: Integration is unidirectional; so only objects created in Workfront will populate JIRA. The integration is very difficult to implement and requires ongoing maintenance to ensure each person/role/team in Workfront is synched against their JIRA counterpart. Considering the price tag (free) it's not bad but at the same time, it's not suitable for enterprise/large scale operations. This challenge is one for Fusion or similar automation solution! Best, Christian Christian Barnes Dentsu Aegis Network

Level 2

Hi Christian -- we started out with the integration app, but with our use of Data Center and Workfront only supporting the Cloud app, we're looking at Fusion for possible integration. Wondering if after your team's assessment if you went ahead with using Fusion and could let me know what the maintenance lift on the integration might be or other tips or lessons you've learned along the way.

Level 3
I do a lot of integration work. The only way I have been able to achieve what you want is to use an IPaaS solution (ie. Dell Boomi or Fusion). That way you can customize the business process to your business needs. Jeremy S. Inman Applications Developer Signant Health 4000 Chemical Rd, Ste 400 Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462 USA Tel: +1 484 362 3280 jeremy.inman@signanthealth.com Jeremy Inman