Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Incorrect Remaining Amount Expenses

Level 3

Hi,

I believe the Remaining Amount column in Expenses in incorrect or am I missing something in its calculation?

Invoice Date 2024:

Planned Amount: $800

Actual Amount: $600

Remaining Amount: $1000? It should be $200

Invoice Date 2023:

Planned Amount: $16000

Actual Amount: $13200

Remaining Amount: $5000? It should be $2800

stan255_0-1704149602011.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Stan,

Is it possible, that you are talking about a custom report? I don't see a column Remaining Amount in the default expense report. Neither there is a corresponding field for this. So I assume, that you need to double check the calculation in the text mode for this column or check the syntax, if you are using a custom calculated field.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Stan,

Is it possible, that you are talking about a custom report? I don't see a column Remaining Amount in the default expense report. Neither there is a corresponding field for this. So I assume, that you need to double check the calculation in the text mode for this column or check the syntax, if you are using a custom calculated field.

Regards

Lars

Community Advisor

Agree with @lgaertner - "remaining" isn't an option in Workfront or the API for expenses so this must be a custom column in a report/view or calculated field option from a custom form with a calculation that isn't pulling correctly. The calculation should be simple if it's just planned vs actual: SUB({plannedAmount},{actualAmount})

You could also check the settings for the columns and make sure they are set to Sum instead of another option:

KellieGardner_0-1704214962874.png

Level 3

@lgaertner @KellieGardner Thanks for the response, guys.

I had a look again and the remaining cost is a Project-level field and it is calculating the remaining based on all the expenses in that Project.