Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

In a Project report, can I highlight in red the date of the Planned Start Date if it is late AND the project is not Current?

Level 2

I currently have conditional formatting that highlights the Planned Start Date if it's late, but we don't want it highlighted once the project starts. The idea is to alert our clients that they have not given us what we need to start the project by our agreed upon date. I attached a screenshot to help.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jennifer and Samantha,

Conditional formatting rules are evaluated top to bottom, applying the rule that is true, so i suggest you:

• first check for the Project Status = Current and set Planned Start Date background to white (effectively “ignoring” it), then
  • second (ie “otherwise”) check if the Planned Start Date is less than $$NOW then set it to red (ie “take action”)

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

Would also like an answer on this for the use of applying a combination of automation rules to columns!

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jennifer and Samantha,

Conditional formatting rules are evaluated top to bottom, applying the rule that is true, so i suggest you:

• first check for the Project Status = Current and set Planned Start Date background to white (effectively “ignoring” it), then
  • second (ie “otherwise”) check if the Planned Start Date is less than $$NOW then set it to red (ie “take action”)

Regards,

Doug