Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Idea Exchange Promotion

Level 10

A version of this thread existed pre-ONE and I only just realized it isn't broadcasting on the daily feeds. I was encourage by Support to start it up again.

So, without further ado…if you want to popularize and get the word out on posted Idea Exchange ideas, post them here. Dearest reader, hopefully you Like this thread to keep tabs on new (or resurrected old) Ideas!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

76 Replies

Level 8

Please upvote: Folder Sharing

We need to share both document folders and smart folders! The last update on this idea was nearly 2 years ago!

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PS9vAAG/detail

Community Advisor

I have an idea that needs some votes.

Choose who can Grant More Access to Objects - https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhfHAAS/detail

As our instance grows the need to control who is asked for access is becoming more necessary. Just this month my VP was selected as the person to get the email although she has NOTHING to do with the program, isn't an owner, and only has view access through group inheritance. Selecting names at random is not ideal by any means, especially since people may be quick to just say "grant permissions" without knowing anything about it.

Community Advisor

When converting an issue to project, scrolling down the very long (an narrow) list of templates can be a struggle. Being an admin, the list is even longer since I see them ALL. But our project managers each have access to enough templates that it is also a struggle for them.

Please consider voting for these ideas that suggest a way to filter the template list either with some sort of folder structure for templates or a typeahead filter to narrow the list down:

Convert To Project Window - Template Organization

Reduce List of Project Templates

Or these ideas that suggest expending with width of the template list so the full template name is visible:

Convert to project: Template list

Expand New Projects from template box

Make Drop down box that houses templates wider

Personally, I'l like to see both a typeahead filter to narrow down the template list AND a wider list so more of the template name would be visible.

@Jeremy Flores‚ can any of these be combined?

Employee

Thank you, Heather. Yes, consolidated into these two:

Convert To Project Window - Template Organization

Convert to project: Template list

cc. @Anna Asatryan‚ @Kyle Silberbauer - inactive‚ ‚

Community Advisor

Another one that I'd like to see get some more votes.

Ability to report on tagged users in updates

I just had a user ask for a report that would show any update they had been tagged in for a particular task.

This would be super helpful.

Community Advisor

I actually created a report that does this, I'll write up a recipe and send it to @Kyna Baker - inactive‚ !

Employee

OOH! I can't wait to see it! Thank you @Monique Evans‚!

Level 7

Upvote this one!

Serial Number type custom field

This is desperately needed and a continual ask from the community!

Level 3

Hi,

Log time inline on Task in the Project View - https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000XhoEAAS/detail

Love if we could add a column in the project view that allows workers to log time on task when we complete it. It would be amazing if we could log time on a task without leaving the project view or going back and forth between tasks views and project views. Hoping to get some upvotes on this idea(not my idea but a great one!)

Thanks!

Community Advisor

If you'd find this helpful, please upvote:

Tag Teams in a Proof

I know we can tag individual users within a proof, but we have a need to tag teams within a proof.

Community Advisor

I have another one: easier tagging of teams your group is associated with

Working with groups or teams - Better restrictions on which teams are visible

If would be great when tagging a team if either:

• only teams associated with a group you are in show when tagging teams
  • teams associated with a group you are in appear first in the list of teams

Community Advisor

I'm on another Innovation Lab Roll! Please upvote

Cross Portfolio Prioritization

As an in-house agency, we do work for multiple divisions. We have their projects in different portfolios. But when it comes to our team doing the work, we need to prioritize what to work on fist.

Within each portfolio we know which projects take priority, but when the work from multiple portfolios need to be accomplished by the same team we need another level of prioritizaion.

Level 10

As our Resource Managers get more comfortable with their tools in Workfront, they are also finding big hinderences:

Workload Balancer - Planned vs. Actual Rollover

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0874X000000oONaQAM/detail

Workload Balancer - Role Placeholder Allocation for Unassigned Work

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0874X000000oONfQAM/detail

Community Advisor

Found this one Show Timestamps Consistently in Updates feed from @Tara McKinnon‚ 's recent discussion "Is there a way to adjust the Updates timestamp? Some of our end users are getting confused with the... We would like this too - just have the dates show, it would make it so much easier.

Community Advisor

Please upvote if you use multiple schedules in your instance that may be in different time zones or have different holidays

Allow Calculations to Reference the Project's Schedule

Community Advisor

Here's one that I was a bit surprised doesn't already exist

Please upvote if you'd like to set the constraint that new tasks default to

Default Task Constraint

Level 6

This is something we would love to see. When tagging people in updates, the project team members are usually the ones tagged. Therefore, their names should show up first rather than all users alphabetically.

Order Autofill (assignments and tagging) by people on the project

When I assign a task or post an update, I tag the relevant team members. When I start typing their name, it shows all my users in alphabetical order. The project team members are already assigned to the project in Workfront. We're most likely to tag people assigned to the project so project team... Show more