Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

I made additions to an existing CUSTOM FORM but the additions are not showing up on the original form at the ISSUE (request) side - only the PRJ versions shows tthe additions when attempting to convert to a project.

Level 4

I went to SET UP / Custom Forms and pulled up an exiting form and the PRJ equivalent so both are open at the same time as I am working to make additions to the original form. I added a new sub-section with questions. I added logic to the sub-title name like so:

"Display if Marketing Request Type NAME OF FORM ADDED is selected"

Upon testing the form by creating a new ISSUE (request) under the REQUEST tab and selecting the CUSTOM FORM name I affected, the questions I added to the original form that I marked as REQUIRED did not show up.

When trying to convert the ISSUE to a project the system blocked me from going forward because it was forcing me to fill out the required fields which happened to be the questions I added to the PRJ form version. So even though the questions were added to the original custom form and its PRJ equivalent, only the PRJ section shows the questions.

Why is the system not adding these questions at the ISSUE level in parallel like the PRJ version before conversion?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 8

After copying a form, they are no longer tied together. Any additions or deletions need to be made on both forms (project and issue).

Level 4

I did. I opened up both versions (original and PRJ) and made sure what I added to the orignal form would mirror the project form. This is why I'm puzzled. It should show up on the original form but it is not - only reflecting on the PRJ version.

Level 4

To clarify, I go into the ISSUE and select the Marketing Request Type I newly created and it is supposed to direct me to the new additions (add the questions below where I just selected the Marketing Request Type) because the logic I added states to do this - but no show. The fact that I mirrored the original and the PRJ versions but ony the PRJ version has the questions showing up tells me it is supposed to work but why the ISSUE version doesn't reflect the questions is odd.