Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

I'm going to rant for a moment because the documentation on the Proofing tool is so abhorent.

Level 10

At first the excuse was that it was a pretty new integration and they were working on it. But now it's been a couple years and this should be worked out. There is literally no place on the help website, nor can you get a straight answer from support as to how each license level gets access to the integrated Proof - the only documentation is for standalone proof -- and the license types are completely different so there is no one-to-one relationship. Why is this so hard? Why do I have to have a phone call and 3 emails to find this out? It seems like the most basic of questions.

Thank you for listening, I needed this outlet to vent.

5 Replies

Employee

Hey @Jill Ackerman‚ ,

I’m so sorry you’ve had a poor experience with the Proofing documentation. Are you asking for more information on how Workfront users get access to proofing? I’d love to update the documentation to help fill this gap.

Level 10

Yes I'm looking for, by license type, what do Workfront users have access to in the integrated Proof. Also some FAQs on how to manage access, such as when people need to upload a new proof to a request who can do that, and if a request turns into a project how does that impact the requester? Things like that.

Employee

Hey Jill,

Sorry for my delayed response. We have this article that goes over proofing access configuration. I see that we are missing information about how proofing is granted with the new Workfront plans, so I'll add that info in. That should answer your question about licenses, as certain licenses on the new plans automatically include proofing. I also have a note to better explain access and permissions with proof and build out an FAQ to answer the questions you've listed. If you have any others, please feel free to email me: cchristensen@adobe.com.

I'm sorry the documentation is outdated and confusing. I hope to remedy that very soon.

Level 10

Thank you! Access combinations are the absolutely most complex part of Workfront, not just proofing. It's a house of cards!

Level 10

@Jill Ackerman‚ , if you need some help with Workfront Proof (formerly "ProofHQ" or "PHQ"), feel free to ask. I'm no expert, but I have certainly had the chance to beat my head against it and go around-and-around with Support, sometimes grumpily. 😪

Or just rant, and we can commiserate. 😎