Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to see start and end dates for Programs

Level 4

I am looking to provide an overview of our Programs showing the start and end date of each program.  The start date would be the planned start date of the project in that program with the earliest planned start date, and the end date would be the planned completion date of the project in that program with the latest planned completion date. 

Ideally, there would just be start and end columns that could be added to the view in the Programs section of Workfront, but those are not options.  Then we could view it in Gantt view.

Any ideas?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

IF you're on the Programs page you can create a unique view with just the columns you need, you can click the heading of Start On to sort from earliest to latest date and open you Gantt view; is this helpful?  This can be exported if needed.  But, yes, there isn't a reporting way of doing this, only from the Programs page.

Kurt_Jones_1-1696370103969.png

Hi @Justin_Charles,

In addition to the native suggestions @Kurt_Jones provided, I also invite you to consider our MarCom Gantt solution which lets you easily create, compare, sort, and adjust key Program level planning data including colorized Phase dates, Priority and % Complete. 

This video shows it in action, noting that the yellow toggles meet your exact requirement to show a single bar starting from the earliest planned start date (among all projects in the program) until the latest planned completion date (among all projects in the program).

Happy to chat further on email via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

Level 4

kurt- thanks for the suggestion.  this view shows a list of projects with start and end dates.  what i'm trying to accomplish is a list of programs with start and end dates.

Community Advisor

Hey @Justin_Charles did you ever get a response for this question?

Level 4

Hi Monique!  I did not.  I've been exporting to Excel to accomplish this in a Pivot table in the interim, but would love to have a native Workfront solution for this.