Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

How to organize projects alphabetically within a grouping

Level 4

Hello! I can't seem to get projects organized alphabetically within a grouping.  Anyone know how to make that happen?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you doing this in a report or when you are viewing an object area?

If it's a report, you need to set the sort order from the columns area by adding the column for project name and then sorting.

If it's when you are viewing an object area (aka projects) then you have to sort by the name by selecting the column header. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Are you doing this in a report or when you are viewing an object area?

If it's a report, you need to set the sort order from the columns area by adding the column for project name and then sorting.

If it's when you are viewing an object area (aka projects) then you have to sort by the name by selecting the column header. 

Level 4

It's in a report, and I've tried what you've suggested but it doesn't work. Randomly, a coworker of mine asked me what I was doing and gave me the idea of just building the report from scratch to see if something different happens and now it works correctly.  Not sure why the old report wouldn't work, but the new one does so I'm all set.  Thanks for your response! 

Community Advisor

Is it possible the original report was already sorted by something so project name was defaulting to a secondary sort? 

Level 4

I wondered that myself, but if I cleared out the groupings and sortings, then added them back in correctly, I still couldn't get it to work correctly.