Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

How to not show specific issue custom form section to certain Worker license users

Level 2

I am creating an Issue Custom form wherein I need to restrict access to few worker license users (Agency) users from seeing certain feels on the form. There are confidential details which they are not suppose to see. I do see that there is a grant access option where I can select 'Admin Only' so only users with 'Admin only' access to the issue object will see these fields. This won't work in my situation as the other Planner License users who need to see these details on the custom form will then not be able to see these details as they don't have 'Admin access' on the system or object. 

I even tried creating 2 separate issue custom form with the confidential fields added to the 2nd one.. But I didn't see any option in there to hide this custom form from the Issue Details section for Worker license. 

Can someone guide me on how best to configure this so that Planner License user can see entire Issue Custom Form details and the Worker License user can only see the section of fields which are applicable for them. 

Any help on this will be highly appreciated?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 9

I do this.  We have 2 separate custom forms.  We just don't share access to the confidential form with that agencies group.  We keep our agencies in separate user groups and restrict them down that way. 

Level 2

Thanks @KIMBERLYREA  for your response. Just wanted to confirm, do you then add both these custom forms to the Queue Details Section with the Request project? I noticed inspite of not sharing the confidential custom form with the agency group , when I add both the forms to the queue details section.. It shows up still for them when I login as them in the system and check the issue which is submitted via this request project. Am I missing something? Can you share the exact settings you have done at your end and also confirm if you are adding the custom form via the above way which I have mentioned.

Level 2

Hi @KIMBERLYREA  I have now created a separate custom form for the confidential fields. In the custom form setting, I have just shared this form with the group of users who would need to check this (not the agency group) . I then went to the Agency group Task & Issue preference option and in there under Access 'When Someone is assigned to an Issue - I have selected give them view access to the issue (sharing screenshot below). Inspite of all this, when the agency person is assigned to this issue,he is still seeing the confidential custom form fields. Am I missing an other config setting?image.png

Community Advisor

Hi @anasooya you might want to check out the form sharing documentation here, particularly step 7 to limit access:

Share a custom form

Level 9

Yes you have to restrict access to the form itself on Form Sharing. Make sure it's not available system wide and only share the access on the restricted form to those that can see it. Don't include the agencies. Our agencies each have their own detailed form and they can only see those forms so that agencies don't see restricted data. 

KIMBERLYREA_0-1707435335616.png