Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How to mark a project as Internal or External

Level 1

I'm really new Workfront and still finding my feet. Can anyone advise how best to flag our newly created projects as either Internal or External. I would like to be able to filter at the end of the year to see how many of each event type we delivered. I am thinking it must be done when creating a new project but i can't see that option with what we have set up currently. Could a custom form be created just for that and how could i report on event type? Any help appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes, you can create a custom form and have a custom form field asking "Is this and internal or external project?" and have the person filling out the form answer this question. I would make this a required field so you have this data when it comes time to report out on your projects. 

When reporting, you can apply a filter to separate out the internal and external request or do an overarching report with a stacked bar chart showing internal vs. external.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes, you can create a custom form and have a custom form field asking "Is this and internal or external project?" and have the person filling out the form answer this question. I would make this a required field so you have this data when it comes time to report out on your projects. 

When reporting, you can apply a filter to separate out the internal and external request or do an overarching report with a stacked bar chart showing internal vs. external.

Level 10

That's become a standard; and good advice. Ours looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 11.19.46 am.jpg