Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to create an Issue Report (etc.) that restricts data based on Audit Trail entries

Level 10
Even though the Update Feed information is not among Workfront's built in reporting objects, here is a powerful technique you can use on Project, Task or Issue Reports (etc.) to pull back information that matches a particular type of data action by tapping into the Update Feed in the report's filter (see attached infographic). Thanks to @Sunil Devadiga for posing the challenge, and to @Matt Mitchell for an oldie-but-a-goodie tip in my secret archives. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore
4 Replies

Level 3
Thanks Dough.. Did not think about Journal Entries. How to show only "Severity Updates" along with their entry dates. Thanks Sunil Sunil Devadiga State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio

Level 3
@....Doug.... Den Hoed , another chellenge If someone changes "severity" and also add notes, I do not see it in the issue report Sunil Devadiga State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio

Level 10
Hmm...I wonder if the edit is getting recorded as part of a different type of update, Sunil. Perhaps an additional "target" in the Update Feed is needed, with another OR in the report. Does it show up in the update from feed (and could you send a screenshot, or the text)? Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 4
How would this be done for a project report, since Journal Entries don't display as a filter section like in Issue Reports? Thanks, Andrew Beard - LeapPoint Senior Associate LeapPoint Herndon VA