Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to convert PPTX to PDF by Workfront fusion?

Level 3

I tried Adobe PDF services but it converts only word document to PDF.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

just a short update:

As I am also interested in a solution here, I created a support case and it seems that, I was right concerning the wrong mediaType.

As far as I understood the development team is working on fixing that. Perhaps it is already done, I did not try. But the ticket is still active...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 9

Hello,

Fusion itself is not able to convert file formats, but it should be possible with Adobe PDF Services.

https://developer.adobe.com/document-services/docs/apis/#tag/Create-PDF

Create PDF document from Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Image file formats. 

Regards

Lars

Level 3

Thanks for your input Lars.

I already tried that but I'm getting error The operation failed with an error. [400] [200] The input file appears to be corrupted and cannot be processed.

FYI, The input document format is PPTX.

Attached screenshot for reference.

Level 9

You are right, I do get exactly the same error message, whereas doing the same with a word document does work successfully. Therefore I would create a support ticket.

The other possibility could be to use the generic http-module, but this would cost a lot of effort to set the whole thing up in terms of authorization, upload, conversion, ...

Regards

Lars

Level 9

I think there is a bug in the Fusion module, as it does use the wrong media type when uploading the file to Adobe PDF Services.

"mediaType": "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"

For PowerPoint it should be:

"mediaType": "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation" 

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

just a short update:

As I am also interested in a solution here, I created a support case and it seems that, I was right concerning the wrong mediaType.

As far as I understood the development team is working on fixing that. Perhaps it is already done, I did not try. But the ticket is still active...

Level 4

Hi @sethuanand2626 

Can you try to use the Cloud Convert module instead of PDF services.

Thanks,

Venkat