Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to change project status from "complete" to "current"?

Level 2
Is it possible to change a project back to "current" after it's already been marked as "complete"?? One of my project managers thought her project was complete, when there is still actually work to be done. Any help would be appreciated. Amber Hill BHC - Integrated Support Services
12 Replies

Level 10
You should be able to just change the Status back to Current.

Level 2
I thought the same, but I keep getting the same error message "Unable to complete operation for a project of status complete" Amber Hill BHC - Integrated Support Services

Level 7
As Vic said, a Project Owner should be able to change the Project Status on their Project from Complete back to Current or to Planning, etc. without any problem. However, the error message "Unable to complete operation for a project of status complete" usually occurs if you are trying to change the status of one of the Tasks on a project that is Complete or if you are trying to delete or edit a task on a project that is Complete. That is where I usually see this message pop up. This message pops up because under Setup à Project Preferences àProjects à Life After Death section, we do not have these specific actions checked off, as being able to do once a project is Complete. Might this be the case that you were you trying to change a task on the completed project? Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
Yeah I was about to ask the same question. What are the steps of the operation you're doing? Because I did in fact verify changing the Status works very easily, so I suspect the answer might lie in what steps you're executing.

Level 2
Terry, Thank you for your reply! It is sadly, at the project level. On multiple completed projects. I think I will be putting in a support ticket to look into it further since it seems like a problem I shouldn't be having. Thanks again. Amber Hill BHC - Integrated Support Services

Level 2
Vic, I'm simply navigating to the "tasks" page of the project, clicking the drop down menu for status, and selecting current. Not sure where I could be going wrong. Amber Hill BHC - Integrated Support Services

Level 10
Hi Amber, Yeah it sounds like you're doing the right thing. I think a call to Support (as you mentioned) would be in order. I'm wondering if something is "stuck". I would maybe try to Recalculate the Timeline and try it again. I'm just taking stabs in the dark at this point, but sometimes kinda resetting helps. ��

Level 3
Hi @Amber Hill , If your "Completion Mode" is set to "Automatic", you"ll experience the issue you"re describing. Go to "Edit Project" and take a look. I"ve included a screenshot showing you where the selection is. You can turn this to "Manual" and open your project back up. If you would prefer to manually close all of your projects, you can set this up on your project templates, as well (and you can batch edit this feature). I"ve included a screenshot of that, too (now that I think of it, the screenshots look almost identical). I hope that helps! Brandon Hamm Bravo Group0690z000007ZiFgAAK.png

Level 10
When I try it doesn't work because the project is set to Automatic complete so it just keeps looping back to complete since all the tasks are 100%. If you change Completion Mode to Manual then it will let you change it back.

Level 2
@Brandon Hamm Thank you so much! This fixed the problem. Amber Hill BHC - Integrated Support Services

Level 2
@Jill Ackerman Thank you! My issue is officially solved. Amber Hill BHC - Integrated Support Services

Level 3
Awesome! I'm so glad to hear that, @Amber Hill ! Brandon Hamm Bravo Group