Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to apply a Custom Section/Dashboard to certain templates?

Level 4

We have a group of templates used for policies that we have special dashboards for. I wanted to add those dashboards as a Custom Section on the left panel for the templates related to policies but when I did that, all templates were updated to include those dashboards.

Does anyone know how we would be able to add the dashboards only to the Policy projects/templates?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Maura.

You can control which users see the custom dashboards when they view any template by updating those user's Layout Template (E.g., members of the Policy Group, assigned to the "Policy Group Layout Template", should see this dashboard listed in the left panel anytime they view any template).

What you are wanting, and is not possible to do, is dictate on a template by template basis, which templates display the custom dashboard and which do not.

There may be a suggestion for something like that in the Innovation Lab, but I don't know how much traction it would get. A more popular application of the same principle would probably be "selectively display custom dashboards on specific projects."

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 1

Your reply is almost two years old. Have there been any updates that make this possible now?