Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to add a text description to a report/dashboard?

Level 9

We have a 'dashboard of dashboards' so our management team can easily jump to one dashboard or the other depending on what they're looking for. Since these are links, there is no description provided.

I'd like to be able to add some text description of some sort that makes it easily see what the dashboard is relevant to or contains. I can't see how to do this however. Anyone have any tricks?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Christina,

In a Report of Dashboards (which is often then placed on a Dashboard), you could add the Description as a second column.

if you mean something else by Dashboard of Dashboards, I’d be interested to understand the difference.

Regards,

Doug

Hey Doug - hmm I never thought about just giving them a report of reports....I can customize that by $$User.ID I think.

Right now this is what I'm working with - a dashboard of html links that is to another dashboard. It was providing a 'one place for all' to go find a link. I might have to try your original comment instead.

0694X00000Ar3hlQAB.png

Level 10

Thanks for the screenshot Christina,

I (re)invented the technique you're using in my Huh! I just added a BUTTON to a Dashboard post a while back, but yes, for what you're doing, encourage you to try a Report of Dashboards (or Report of Reports; same idea): in addition to being able to add the Description column for context, you also get the advantages of Sharing and/or tagging (which automagically controls who can see what -- @NRYN R - inactive‚ is The Guru on this concept), sorting, quick searching, filtering, grouping, or even changing the view).

Good luck -- I'd be interested to hear how it turns out!

Regards,

Doug

Level 8

I add a task report at the top that just has one field (the new rich text custom field, or you can just use description if you don't want to create a new field). This task is part of a project I have for Workfront Announcements. Each task is a different announcement or description which makes it easy to keep track of in one place. Task name can be the report dashboard ID to make it easier to reference.