Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I set a Dashboard as my home page?

Level 2

I'd like WF to default to a specific Dashboard upon logging in. I have created some reports that show tasks I have assigned to others on my team and certain other breakdowns as well as a report with my assigned tasks. I'd like to just start on a single dashboard with these reports whenever I log in.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Joanna,

You can achieve this through layout templates (Setup>Interface>Layout Templates). The way you achieve it is slightly different depending on whether or not you are in the New Experience or Classic.

In the New Experience, when you create a layout template you can select the landing page and then add a dashboard (see screen shot below)

0694X00000AroH6QAJ.png

In Classic you would choose what page to display on log in via the 'Set Details' tab:

0694X00000AroHLQAZ.png

And then add a custom tab to that landing page containing your dashboard via the 'Customize Tabs' Tab:

0694X00000AroHVQAZ.png

Once you have created the necessary layout template and assigned it to yourself or your users, they will be presented with your dashboard on their next log in.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Joanna,

You can achieve this through layout templates (Setup>Interface>Layout Templates). The way you achieve it is slightly different depending on whether or not you are in the New Experience or Classic.

In the New Experience, when you create a layout template you can select the landing page and then add a dashboard (see screen shot below)

0694X00000AroH6QAJ.png

In Classic you would choose what page to display on log in via the 'Set Details' tab:

0694X00000AroHLQAZ.png

And then add a custom tab to that landing page containing your dashboard via the 'Customize Tabs' Tab:

0694X00000AroHVQAZ.png

Once you have created the necessary layout template and assigned it to yourself or your users, they will be presented with your dashboard on their next log in.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 4

We also use a dashboard in the way Richard described.

I'd like to additionally mention the $$user.id wildcard that can customize such a dashboard.

Level 10
Hi Joanna, If you set the bookmark in your browser to the dashboard, it’ll load every time you click the bookmark. Thanks, Narayan