Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

How do I color code a parent task in a project template?

Level 2
How do I color code a parent task in a project template? I want a particular parent task in my project template to be color coded so that it is recognizable that it is a "deliverable" task for each project. But I can't figure out how to color code in Workfront other than in reports. Does anyone know how to do this? If so, could you enlighten me, please? Thanks! Kat
4 Replies

Level 10

Please upvote the feature request to allow more html codes on report.

https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001239067-Allow-more-HTML-codes-in-text-mo...

I don't know of a way currently to add font color to a report but one way we've managed is by adding a "*" to the deliverable and by adding the *, we're able to set rules that anything with * be highlighted. Maybe that can work for you?

Cheers.0690z000007ZjpaAAC.png

Level 3
The way to do this is to create a view for tasks. 1. Create a new view for tasks 2. Add Number of Children column 3. Add a column rule to highlight the row when Number of Children > 0 When tasks have sub-tasks, this view will highlight the parent row. As it is a view, you can use it in Templates and projects.

Level 3
I had not thought of doing this. What a great suggestion! I think I may need to try it. Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 2
This worked for me! Thank you so much for your advice. You made my day. :-)