Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can you export fields/details from a custom form?

Level 2

We have a rather long custom request form. I'm wanting to export it to excel, word, or pdf so we can see all of the fields that we currently have. I can't seem to figure out a way to do that. When I export from the custom form list, it is just the name of the form, no detail.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi - next week, the 20.4 release is giving us functionality to export a custom form for a project, task, issue, or document into a PDF.

If the form was in your system last week, you can go into your Preview environment now and test it out. You just go to an issue with that custom form attached to it, and then you will see the export button in the upper right hand corner.

Level 2

Hi @Anthony Imgrund‚ , I'm also trying to export several custom forms that we want to consolidate. My forms are mostly attached to projects rather than issues and I do not see a way to export those. Is there another way I can export my custom forms?

Level 10

Just to confirm, are you in Preview? The functionality isn't in Production until next week.

Also, you can do multiple custom forms as well as the Project's Overview.

0694X00000AsnLYQAZ.png

Level 2

Hi Heather.

We have created a report to include all aspects of Workfront we use including the different items in our Custom forms to ensure we keep track of everything. It runs right through to column DK.

We then send it automatically in Excel (without hyperlinks) once a week to the team that completes all of our reporting.

Elaine.